I debated if I even want to talk about this. Not for fear that all the Joel Osteen and Mary Mary fans are going to come and attack me, but because I wonder if this is even worth mentioning on a holiness blog. I did however promise years ago I’d bring you the latest news on whats going on in the “Christian” realm. I also feel every true believer needs to know when trickery abounds. Well, here is the latest gospel gimmick two entities have come up with.
Pastor Joel Osteen and inspirational gospel duo Mary mary are getting set to do their own reality TV series. All I want to know is who voted to let Joel Osteen and Mary Mary start doing their own reality tv shows??? Really??? Are you serious? I’m reading all over the internet people congratulating them and applauding them for their decision to go mainstream and show us “their” lives on the television. Well you wont be showing me or the rest of the UPCI or WPF cause we dont own TV’s (or do you??? Just showing some humor). This is utter foolishness and if folks don’t wake up, I keep telling yall, they are going to be tricked into worshiping at the throne of the anti christ.
Bottom line, any “
inspirational gospel artist” whose music is played in the clubs and on Hip Hop and R&B radio stations need to take a second look at the message they are sending out. (wonders to self why “Jesus Keep Me Near The Cross” is not played in the clubs..i dunno perhaps because of the Name Jesus??? Your guess is as good as mine) Listeners be wary! Mary Mary rarely mentiones the name of Jesus in their music. They use words that allude to Christ, but those same words can be used to sing the exact song to and even allude to another man (lets say a husband or a boyfriend). Their music is now classified as cross over and or inspirational. Songs that make you feel good but don’t cause you to want to give your life to Christ.
Speaking of inspirational, Joel Osteen hasn’t, in the words of my Pastor, “the foggiest clue” of who Jesus is. Yeah he is a
Pastor good spearker, yeah its a Sunday Morning workshop worship experience and yes it even appears as though there are power point presentations shown and bibles in the hand of his convention church members. But don’t be fooled, this is yet another ploy to water down the gospel and turn it into an inspiring message that makes you feel good but doesn’t cause true change.
Enough about my thoughts and ideas. Lets just settle the matter and go straight to the Word. What kind of songs are we as Christians allowed to sing? Ephesians 5:19 says “Speaking to yourselves in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing and making melody in your heart to the Lord;” So its apparent all Christian songs must be sung to the Lord. By the way, that Lord has a name worth mentioning in every song. Turn to Colossians 3:17 to find out what name you should use in your songs. “And whatsoever ye do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God and the Father by him.” So its safe to say we have settled the subject on the type of songs Christians can sing.
Lets settle the matter according to the Word when it comes to the preached Word of God. Turn with me to II Timothy 4:2. “Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all longsuffering and doctrine.” I’m thinking a lot of people have no clue this scripture was in the bible because if they did, 30,000 people wouldn’t attend a mega
convention church every Sunday to hear an inspirational message. The preached Word must include reproving, rebuking, exhorting, and the teaching of the doctrine. Stop being so blind. You carry your bible EVERY SUNDAY to church and possess the greatest weapon against the trickery of the devil, yet you don’t bother to use it. But that’s ok, you bumped into this blog and I have no problem showing you a more excellent way. I wont beat you up, but I’m willing to work with you right where you are to get you to were you need to be in God.
On the matter of reality TV. Christianity is NOT a reality based belief system. It’s a faith based system. Turn in your bibles to Corinthians 5:7 says “For we walk by faith, not by sight”. Reality causes you do deal with tangible things that you can “see”. Christianity causes you to walk blindly and rely not on the tangible things that you can see, but the unseen. Its called faith. Hebrews 11:1 says “Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.”
I want to share with you some shocking quotes from a literal religious organization called the Church of Reality. Pay close attention to the belief system:
- ….The Church of Reality is not based on Christianity, Faith, Jesus, the Bible, Creation, Sin, Heaven, Hell, Satan, or God.
- …The Church of Reality is Religion 2.0 that is based on reality rather than books containing old stories.
- … We are not tied to a fixed doctrine that was written in the past and is slowly becoming obsolete.
- …We can’t promise eternal life in paradise with an omnipotent father figure. On the other hand, you don’t have to worry about burning in Hell either. In reality, if you want eternal life, you have to go out and develop the technology to make that happen. (www.churchofreality.org)
I in no way am saying Mary Mary or Joel Osteen belong to this religious organization. What I am saying is “Christian Reality” does exist. Its doctrines are contrary to scripture. Its value system causes an individual to blend “the world with the church” and sooner or later, no one can ever be guaranteed to go to heaven or hell because “in reality” we can’t see those places so the just might not exist. This is the reason why you don’t hear inspirational preachers preach about hell. This is why songs are blended to coincide with worldly ideologies. It’s a ploy from Satan and this has to be exposed. After writing this post, I can see why its important NOT to follow after the ways of the world but to be separate from the world as the bible commands in Corinthians 6:17 “Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord, and touch not the unclean thing; and I will receive you,”
- Christianity 098 is a remedial course for those that have no clue wh Jesus Is. It tell us who Jesus is and how He can save you from your sins. It’s a basic intro to Christ before you can even be saved.
- Christianity 101 tells us how to be saved by repenting from your sins, being water baptised in the Name of the Lord Jesus Christ for the remission of you sins, and receiving the Holy Ghost (Acts 2:38) But this is foundational.
- Christianity 201 tells us in Acts 2:42 “And they continued steadfastly in the apostles’ doctrine and fellowship, and in breaking of bread, and in prayers.”
- Christianity 301 tells us according to Galatians 5:22-23 “But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.”
- Christianity 401 tells us according to 1 Peter 1:16 “Because it is written, Be ye holy; for I am holy.” Now that you know who Jesus is, now that you know how to be saved, now that you know the doctrine you need to follow, now that you know the type of personality a Christian must possess and now that you’ve been living holy, you can graduate.
- Graduation! Your reward can be found in 1 Thessalonians 4:16-17 “For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first. Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.”
In your matriculation as a Christian, you will find that there are thousands of elective courses such as “Name it and claim it”, “Blessing Plans”, “Your Healed”, “Turn The Other Cheek When Someone Offends You”, and the ever popular “Sow a $50 Seed Into The Ministry for a breakthrough” class. All of these classes are great, but not one of them are required for graduation. Matter of fact, if you only take elective courses and expect to earn a degree at the end of “life” you will find the headmaster Himself, the Lord Jesus Christ will say to you according to Matthew 7:23 “And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.”
While the above paragraph was just an illustration using college course numbers as mere examples, I do have one final message for you. LIVE HOLY!
To read the news about Joel Osteen and his new reality show go here: http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-31749_162-57333690-10391698/joel-osteen-mark-burnett-team-up-on-tv-show/
To read the news about Mary Mary and their new reality show go here: http://soulbounce.com/soul/2011/11/mary_mary_to_join_the_reality_tv_ranks.php
On a final note, you are reading an Apostolic Oneness Pentecostal blog posting. If you don’t know who Jesus is, I invite you to stick around so we can show you the more excellent way. We believe in repentance of sin, water baptism in the Name of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the in filling of the Holy Ghost with the evidence of speaking in tongues as the Spirit gives utterance (Acts 2:38). We belive there is ONE God (Deuteronomy 6:4), that God has a Name. We hold firm that Jesus is the Almighty God and no one else Isaiah 9:6-9, John 1:1, Matthew 1:23, Revelation 22:13). If today is your first time here, WELCOME and please come again, and again and watch God show you a more excellent way to serve Him.